Friday, August 11, 2006

My stolen day.

I awoke today with plenty to do and plenty of time to do it. I needed to work in the studio for our new TV show '15 minutes', set up all the audio cables and mixers, make sure the Piano got delivered, work with the rented Video Switcher. Then hopefully I would have time to go downtown and hand out show tickets at the Gateway...or somewhere.
ALAS...after I exited the shower, I felt a little queasy & weak. I laid down briefly, and then came down stairs, figuring some breakfast might get me going. I ended up resting again on the floor for another half hour. In Summation, after losing breakfast and more, I called in sick. I didn't want to do it...There was too much on the line! but, even if I forced myself to drive in to work and get this stuff done...I prbly would not have had the strength or health to direct the show tomorrow. So I sacrificed today for tomorrow. :(

I feel a little better now at 9pm. But because I don't know what got done today I get to go in at 7am just to make sure everything is ready. With that said, we have a really great line-up tomorrow!

EPISODE 6-
  • Parasailer - Bill Heaner
  • Boy Scout with 130+ Merit Badges Dallin Manning
  • Pianist - Kevin Burdick (kevinburdick.com)
  • Private Investigator - Mark Nosack
  • Race Car Trainer - Dan Mckeever MMSP

EPISODE 7-
  • Jeff Tobey - Glass mosaic Artist
  • Dan Paulus - Magician
  • Guest Artist - The Brobecks (brobecks.com)
  • Paul Tanner - Prosthetic creator
  • Harley Davidson of SLC

We will have Harley's, Parasails, Mustangs, fake plastic body parts, a straight jacket, and a Sweet Grand Piano, all in our studio at some point in time tomorrow. These will be great shows! (if ABC4, the Hive 4.2, ever airs them at the proper time, that's a whole other story.)

So at present, after a pleasant walk around the subdivision on our HOA pathway. We are enjoying a few minutes outside with the mosquitos and our girls. There's a delightful thunderstorm down south, providing a delightful light show.

Other things I've failed to yet mention:
  • Our entire lawn is browning because we have no water pressure, and I no nothing about sprinklers. In Bako, Jorge, Guadalupe, Juan and Amigo...took care of all of that.
  • We painted our dog's house red. It's officially 'home'.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Sorry to hear you were under the weather, but glad you are better. You now have a Snoopy house! Way to go! Hope the girls like it.