Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Daily Grind
I wanted to complain & vent a little about stuff at work, i.e., Turtle & boss man, two of the worst communicators in the communication business...

However, I think instead I shall muse on what a great job I have. Each week we get to make a delightful TV show that promotes family recreation. At Least once a week I get to dive into editing a story about some form of recreation. I love editing! for the past 5 yrs+ It's been the perfect hobby. Creative, Fun, Rewarding, Challenging and a pure delight! I'm very critical of the stuff I cut, and I always have changes I'd lke to make after it airs, but there are always deadlines.
The other part of my job I enjoy is the shooting, sometimes. I enjoy the activities. I'm not a big outdoorsy kind of guy, I love the outdoors, but I don't often 'play' in it. For work I've been able to go Paragliding, Wakeboarding, ATVing, Jet-Skiing, Snow-Skiing, Snowmobiling, and more! You can't beat that...plus I'm getting paid to do it!
There are the weekly struggles and many hadaches that come from 'managing' the office, and too often I let them get in the way of enjoying what I do. I never dread going in to work on Monday. While most people only think about work when they have to, from 9-5, I'm the opposite. In fact, I probably think about and talk about work too much. :)
I'm guess I'm just a lucky So-&-So.

No comments: