Tuesday, September 05, 2006

This Week's Pensieve...

What to blog about tonight...so much has happened that lends itself to deep and ponderous thoughts.
Perhaps I will list them and let you all ponder so I won't need to anymore.

1. Both Peach and I lost family members that we were close to, this last week, that led to two Funerals in 4 days. Not fun. But if we didn't know what we know about this mortal sphere and the eternal plan of our Heavenly Father.. it would be unbearable.

2. As a result of the funerals, I left my TV show to be shot and directed without me. It happened. and it looks OK. (maybe i'm not as indispensable as I'd thought...)

3. I interviewed for a part-time position at my parents Alma Mater today. The thought of leaving CB&C is saddening, but the chance to take a step towards a lifetime dream is encouraging. I have always wanted to get a graduate degree, and since I started editing/producing I have wanted to teach college level TV Production. To think that in a handful of years I could be doing just that...is shocking and it seems almost too good to be true. We'll have to see what comes from this.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Pensieve...That is a great way to put it!

So sorry to hear about your losses. It sure is nice to know about the eternal nature of things. That truly does give some meaning to such sad events.

Glad to hear about the interview! I sure hope something comes of it. Keep us posted.

P.S. If you need any cereal or muffin mix, you know where to find it. The Wife and I just about cleaned out Albertons today...twice!